The very first launch of a Norwegian civilian, suborbital research rocket took place in 1962 from Andøya.
Since then, thousands of launches have taken place.
The coming years are writing the next chapter, with the establishment of a launch site for small satellites.
Now you can join us – and support our operations.
Are you an IT-consultant that would like to be involved with Missile, Ballistic Rocket and Orbital launches?
Andøya Space are looking for a new team member at our IT-section.
Employer: Andøya Space
Position: IT Consultant
Employment: Permanent, full time
Application date: 08.11.2021
Andøya Space is a Norwegian aerospace company. We enable scientists to explore Earth’s atmosphere with sounding rockets, balloons, unmanned aircraft and advanced ground-based instrumentation. We enable engineers to test new aerospace and defense related technology. We educate and inspire the next generation scientists and engineers. We are now working to establish Norway’s - and Europe’s - launch facility for small satellites.
The Operations and Business Support Division is responsible for operational and business support to all business divisions at Andøya Space.
The division includes IT, Service, Launch Operations, Safety, Maintenance and Human Resources. It consists of more than 50 people.
The IT-section is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and development of all IT-systems and infrastructure at Andøya Space.
Working tasks / responsibilities
The responsibilities of the IT-consultant will be as a team member in a growing department that are involved in operational activities in Missile, Ballistic Rocket and Orbital launches.
Andøya Space will be looking for a range of qualifications from applicants in the field of IT and information systems.
The applicants will work 60% in the IT-department with operation, maintenance, development of IT-systems, and 40% in operations as a radar operator or telemetry operator. We have a total of 2 new positions.
The main tasks are:
Operation, maintenance, and development of IT-systems (60%)
- Network and WiFi management
- Server management
- Backup and data storage solutions
- M365 and User support
- Documentation and quality management
- Support and administration of IT security policies
Operational tasks (40%)
- Operation and maintenance of mobile tracking radar systems
- Operation and maintenance of mobile and on-site telemetry equipment
- Operation and maintenance of IT-systems
The operational tasks may include some travelling, work outside normal working hours and across remote land areas.
Qualifications - Education
- We are seeking an applicant with an engineering education or equivalent in the field of IT and information systems/telecommunications/network engineering and/or with extensive experience and knowledge in IT-, technical- or space industry
- Commercial or national security considerations may apply to some operations; it is therefore essential that the applicant may gain a Norwegian security clearance
- In addition, good technical, interpersonal and communication skills and being proficient in English oral and writing
- Applicants must have a Class B driver’s license
We look for colleagues with a combination of skills, personal traits, and attitudes.
- Time management
- Strong work ethic
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Good technical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Work at mountain top stations is included in the position, so applicants should be in decent physical shape.
- The workplace will primarily be Andøya Space but work at our station in Ny Ålesund on Svalbard may also be relevant for shorter periods.
Andøya Space is a stimulating international working environment, within an active local community, on an island providing many opportunities for outdoor pursuits. Diversity in the workplace is essential to Andøya Space and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds, communities, and industries.
Salary is by agreement. Pension and insurance arrangements. Andøya Space supports flexible working hours, we can assist newcomers to find housing and we may provide support for relocation costs. The position is subject to a standard six-month probationary period.
For information, contact IT Director Thor Andre Markussen, on +47 919 99 209 or e-mail
Application date: 08.11.2021